Thursday, November 14, 2013

We did many, many videos for the Mavs over the years. Here are a few of my favorites.

The idea behind Mavs Factory was that the American Airlines Center was a factory putting together these awesome machines, the machines being the players, and the fans from all over fueled them on to victory. I modeled, unwrapped, and textured over half of the machines in the set. I also did the animation on the background machines. Created using 3DSMax, Photoshop, and VRay.


Mavs Legacy piece was an exciting one to work on for me. The Tron Legacy teaser had just come out and I have always been a huge Tron fan so to get to work on something Tron themed was awesome. I modeled and textured the environment. Creating the Margret Hunt Hill bridge (which hadn't been built at the time) and the AAC in a Tron theme was cool. The tough part on this project was getting everything to look ambient lit with no direct light source but still be very visible. I also got to use Rayfire to blow up the bike. Working with dynamics can be pretty complicated to setup but it is always fun to see the results. Created using 3DSMax, Photoshop, and VRay.